Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Where I Was Wrong

Hello everyone, and welcome back to My Take. This week, I will be covering my wrong predictions in college football. Just over the last few days, major coaching changes have happened that will shift the college landscape. I will touch on two teams I confidently believe I was wrong on: USC and Michigan. I will also comment on some exciting games this week that will likely affect the college football playoff picture.


USC
A month ago, I had USC as my favorite to win the Pac 12, and to go to the college football playoff as the second seed. Since that prediction, they have fallen to their rival, Stanford. And, they also suffered a terrible loss to Washington last Thursday night. We now know that behind the scenes, the pressure of the USC head coaching job was too much for Steve Sarkisian. This Sunday, he took an indefinite leave of absence after missing Sunday’s practice because he was intoxicated. The search for a new coach is under way, and I believe USC’s season is over. Already with two loses and the team having to adjust to a new head coach, there is no way they will win the PAC 12 or make it to the playoffs this year.



Michigan
For those of you who know me personally, I’m a huge Michigan fan so it is hard for me to stay unbiased on this topic. But it can’t be ignored that Michigan is a great team now rather than later as I previously predicted. After beating number #13 in the country Northwestern this past weekend, the team is much better than anyone expected just six games into Coach Harbaugh’s career at Michigan. In fact, Michigan has beat their opponents 97-0 in the last three weeks. I don’t want to guarantee a win for Michigan over Michigan State this weekend, but it’s at The Big House, and that will give them even more confidence. No matter what happens, they are off to a much better start than my prediction at the beginning of the season of six wins and six losses.



Games to watch this week
This weekend will be a great weekend to watch football! Everyone will be watching to see how USC will do without their head coach against Notre Dame. Number #18 UCLA takes on #15 Stanford this Thursday night, and that also promises to be a great game. And in the SEC, it will be fun to watch #10 Alabama face #9 Texas A&M. Finally, the game everyone in the state will be watching –  Michigan and Michigan State – it will be one for the ages.

Thanks for reading this week’s blog. I will have much more to talk about in the world of sports next week. Hopefully we will be talking about Michigan’s big win!

1 comment: